Khlong Luang (Thai: คลองหลวง, pronounced [kʰlɔ̄ːŋ lǔa̯ŋ]) is a district (amphoe) in Pathum Thani Province, central Thailand.Originally, the area was part of the Bang Wai District, controlled by Mueang Thanyaburi. In the Ayutthaya era, this area was lowland deep forest. In 1767 when the Ayutthaya Kingdom was destroyed by Burmese troops, some of the survivors moved to this area. When the community became bigger, people expanded agriculture until it was close to Thung Luang (now Thanyaburi District). King Rama V ordered the canal Khlong Rangsit to be built for agricultural purposes for the people in the Thung Luang and Bang Wai area. When the canal was finished, the government changed the name of the district to be Khlong Luang to commemorate King Rama V's foresight.